Our Integrative Medical Center Consultation Process
“Complete treatment and prevention through traditional and alternative medicine”
Before we can begin treating you at our holistic health center of Reno, we’ll need to get to know you and your medical history. We charge a flat fee of $525.00 for patient consultation. During the consultation:
- You will have an initial interview with one our highly trained specialists.
- Our physicians will then perform a thorough physical examination through electro-diagnostic screening.
- Next they’ll conduct a comprehensive look at your medical history. This will help us start determining potential underlying causes of your illness.
- After your physician has conducted the first three steps, they’ll then order lab tests to be made and reviewed.
* An additional lab fee will incur. Pricing will vary.
Developing your unique integrative treatment program
At our integrative medical center, your treatment program will be developed based on our thorough consultation and lab results.
Each person is unique – as such your treatment program will be tailored to specifically treat you and you only.
We take great care to ensure that you understand your treatment program. A lab technician or medical assistant will personally explain the treatment program to you. At this time, they’ll also outline the length and cost of the treatment.
We incorporate integrative medicine in all of our treatment programs. Check out our full list of treatments we provide.
We offer the most advanced therapeutic treatment for Lyme disease. Our team is highly experienced in utilizing traditional antibiotics with homeopathic remedies and nutraceuticals.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is my treatment covered by my health insurance?
Because Sierra Integrative medical center is considered a holistic health center of Reno, currently most of our treatments are considered “alternative and preventative” and are not covered by insurance. SIMC is a fee-for-service medical center and does not accept any insurance as a form of payment.
How far in advance do I need to schedule an appointment?
We recommend scheduling your consultation 2 or 3 weeks in advance. If you have an urgent need, give us a call and we might be able to schedule your consultation earlier.
My insurance covers some alternative health care. Does that mean that it will cover costs at Sierra Integrative Medical Center?
Not necessarily. We are not a participating provider with any insurance companies or with Medicare. However, the receipts that we provide our patients have all the necessary procedure codes required by the insurance companies.
This receipt allows the patient to submit the items to their insurance companies for reimbursement. The amount of reimbursement depends totally on the individual plan and coverage.
What can I expect on my first day of consultation?
- You should arrive 30 minutes before your first scheduled appointment to complete paperwork. When you enter the clinic, check in at the front desk. They will give you a clipboard with the necessary additional paperwork. When you have completed and signed all pages, return everything to the front desk including the forms you brought with you.
- An Electrodermal Screening Test will be done before you see the physician.
- A Medical Assistant will call you to take your vital signs and history; then you will have a consultation and evaluation with the doctor.
- After you’re done with your first appointment, a lab technician or medical assistant will show you the cost of each laboratory test ordered by the doctor, then you should stop at the front desk and speak with our scheduler who will give you the schedule for the next day, and check out with our billing department.
How long will my treatment take?
This varies from person to person. The average is 20-30 treatments depending upon the severity of illness. A patient takes one treatment per day, which includes intravenous therapy and injections. The clinic is open Monday through Friday. Follow up office visits are scheduled once a week for your individualized health care needs.
Will my treatments make me sick?
Sometimes you may have a headache, upset stomach or other symptoms especially during detoxification. It is very important to follow instructions implicitly and communicate any discomforts to the medical staff.